Job Description: Front Office Executive (Hospital)
The Front Office Executive plays a crucial role in providing excellent customer service and administrative support to patients, visitors, and staff within a hospital setting. The Front Office Executive is responsible for managing the reception area and ensuring smooth operations at the front desk.
1. Greet and assist visitors: Welcome patients, visitors, and staff, ensuring a friendly and professional demeanor at all times.
2. Patient registration: Register new patients, collect necessary information, and create patient records accurately and efficiently.
3. Appointment scheduling: Manage appointment bookings, ensuring proper coordination and efficient utilization of available time slots.
4. Answer inquiries: Respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries promptly and courteously, providing accurate information or directing queries to the appropriate department or personnel.
5. Coordinate patient flow: Ensure a smooth patient flow by coordinating with various departments, including outpatient clinics, diagnostic centers, and inpatient units.
6. Cash handling: Collect payments for services rendered, issue receipts, and maintain accurate cash records as per hospital policies and procedures.
7. Insurance verification: Verify insurance coverage for patients, obtain necessary authorizations, and communicate the information to the billing department as required.
8. Maintain records: Accurately record and maintain patient information, appointment schedules, and other relevant data in the hospital’s electronic or manual systems.
9. Handle emergencies: Respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations at the front desk, following established protocols and guidelines.
10. Adhere to confidentiality: Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and follow data protection regulations.
11. Liaise with other departments: Collaborate with various departments, including nursing, billing, and medical records, to ensure effective communication and coordination of patient care.
12. Maintain a clean and organized front desk area: Keep the reception area clean, organized, and presentable at all times.
13. Handle administrative tasks: Assist with administrative tasks, such as filing, scanning, photocopying, and distributing documents as needed.
14. Provide excellent customer service: Ensure that patients and visitors receive outstanding service, addressing their needs and concerns promptly and professionally.
15. Adhere to hospital policies: Comply with all hospital policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure smooth operations and adherence to quality standards.
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience: Prior experience working in a front office or customer service role, preferably in a healthcare setting, is an advantage.
3. Excellent communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with patients, visitors, and staff.
4. Professionalism: Display a professional and courteous attitude, maintaining a calm and composed demeanor even during stressful situations.
5. Strong organizational skills: Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
6. Computer literacy: Proficient in using computer applications, including electronic medical record systems, MS Office, and email.
7. Attention to detail: Keen eye for detail to ensure accurate data entry and maintenance of records.
8. Problem-solving skills: Ability to identify and resolve issues or concerns promptly and effectively.
9. Empathy and compassion: Display empathy and compassion towards patients and visitors, understanding their needs and concerns.
10. Flexibility: Willingness to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as per the hospital’s requirements.
Note: This job description is a general outline of the typical responsibilities and qualifications for the Front Office Executive role in a hospital. Specific duties and requirements may vary based on the hospital’s size, specialty, and specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹15,000.00 – ₹25,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bengaluru, Karnataka: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)
Speak with the employer