The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player who will be the first point of contact for visitors at the office, greeting them in a polite and well-spoken manner. You will also be assigned duties as required (i.e. organization of inbound and outbound mail, administrative work, and general clerical support).
- Greeting and Welcoming Visitors: Welcome guests, clients, and employees with a friendly and professional demeanor. Offer them appropriate assistance, such as directing them to the relevant personnel or providing necessary information.
- Managing Incoming Calls: Answer incoming calls promptly and professionally. Route calls to the appropriate departments or individuals and take accurate messages when necessary.
- Handling Front Desk Operations: Manage the front desk area efficiently, including keeping it clean, organized, and well-stocked with necessary supplies.
- Appointment Scheduling: Schedule appointments for clients and customers. Coordinate with respective departments to ensure the smooth flow of appointments and meetings.
- Receiving and Sorting Mail: Receive and distribute incoming mail, packages, and deliveries to the appropriate recipients. Ensure timely and accurate handling of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Maintaining Records: Keep records of visitors, deliveries, and other relevant front desk activities. Maintain an organized filing system for easy retrieval of information.
- Providing Information: Be knowledgeable about the company’s products, services, and general information. Respond to inquiries from visitors and callers with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Assisting with Administrative Tasks: Provide support to various departments with administrative tasks, such as data entry, filing, and documentation.
- Coordinating with Security: Work closely with security personnel to ensure the safety and security of the premises. Issue visitor badges and maintain visitor logs as required.
- Resolving Queries and Complaints: Address visitor and employee complaints or concerns promptly and professionally. Escalate issues to the appropriate department or management if necessary.
- Handling Cash Transactions: Manage cash transactions, such as processing payments, providing change, and issuing receipts for visitors or clients, if required.
- Collaborating with Internal Teams: Liaise with other departments within the organization to ensure seamless communication and cooperation.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification. Additional certification or diploma in office administration or related field is a plus.
- Proven work experience in a similar role or in customer service is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to engage with diverse individuals.
- Professional appearance and behavior with a welcoming and courteous attitude.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using computers and office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills